3.jpg
XK
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 2 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
jiang 43
solvedrilling 40
Asianloave 32
wirten 30
API THREAD GAUGE 29
Latest Photos
The classification of the sucker rod thread gauge
Sucker Rod
High Precision Thread Gauge Manufacturer
API Thread Gauge Manufacturers & Suppliers
Offshore oil rig photo gallery
Topic Options
#41310 - 09/13/14 08:58 AM Need help deciding!!
OilBird Offline
stranger

I applied for job as an LWD/MWD for a top rated company and have landed the job, now I am just trying to decide to take it or not. I applied under the assumption that it was a 14/14 schedule and have now been informed that it was a 20/7 type schedule. I applied for the job because I knew I could do the work and the pay was outstanding. I understand that I will probably have to do the 20/7 position through the training process. I am just wanting to know if I am a fool to think that I could possibly ever get on a 14/14 schedule after I am trained.

I was informed that was a fairly difficult job to land with no experience and I should feel honored that I got the job and I should at least go through the training process and give it a try, just not sure what to do.

Oh a little background, I am a female, with 5 kids ranging in ages 3-13 who has a husband that works from home. However I have never been away for more than 5 days. Husband supports this decision but feels the same way about the 20/7 schedule. With 5 kids we really need the $$$ but at what cost to the family?

#49177 - 11/24/14 02:57 AM Re: Need help deciding!! [Re: OilBird]
solvedrilling Offline

Hi, friend,

I think you can try to use Google Search, maybe you can get the latest way to solve your question, for example, when I got some trouble about my solid control equipment, such as shale shaker, decanter centrifuge, shaker screen, cutting dryer, sand pump, hydraulic centrifuge, etc, when I got the info. about my trouble from Google search, I will be more cleaner about how to deal with them next. so, just try Google search to solve your problem.

Originally Posted By: OilBird
I applied for job as an LWD/MWD for a top rated company and have landed the job, now I am just trying to decide to take it or not. I applied under the assumption that it was a 14/14 schedule and have now been informed that it was a 20/7 type schedule. I applied for the job because I knew I could do the work and the pay was outstanding. I understand that I will probably have to do the 20/7 position through the training process. I am just wanting to know if I am a fool to think that I could possibly ever get on a 14/14 schedule after I am trained.

I was informed that was a fairly difficult job to land with no experience and I should feel honored that I got the job and I should at least go through the training process and give it a try, just not sure what to do.

Oh a little background, I am a female, with 5 kids ranging in ages 3-13 who has a husband that works from home. However I have never been away for more than 5 days. Husband supports this decision but feels the same way about the 20/7 schedule. With 5 kids we really need the $$$ but at what cost to the family?

#49194 - 08/13/15 11:26 AM Re: Need help deciding!! [Re: solvedrilling]
texasoil Offline
stranger

Testing

Shout Box

March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31